Saturday, June 29, 2024

Riot of Color!

Was it just last week that I was in Minnesota, at ZK2024? Just a mere 6 or 7 days ago that I was goofing off in person with my online friends and enhancing my stash, adding a riot of [additional] color to my life...?


Wow! But that was fun! And, as one does, I have already cast on something new. It, too, is a riot of color, but also a secret test knit. I can show you this much, tho...because that color is all me!


The project is designed for three colors, and the original uses one variegated and two solids...but going through my stash, including a newly acquired skein from Fangirl Fibers from my goody bag, I've decided on three variegated skeins of varying color values...in light, medium and dark varieties!


So far, as you can see above, it's knitting up in a very playful way! I am really enjoying it, but won't be able to show it off fully until the pattern releases early in August (I believe). But, there are certainly other things I can show off today...like a good look at those "day-of-the-week-panties" stitch markers I purchased at a yarn truck...


...and the moment I realized that I currently own a bucket-bag sized pile of mini-skeins that I have been [apparently] collecting for some time...minis are so very Pretty!



Of course there is the entire stash enhancement that came home from MN with me...


...including a mini set to represent Daisy Jones & the Six (wasn't that a great book and show?!?)...


...and the Show Stopper that will likely go with it, in some iteration of a cardigan or pullover (Leading Men never cease to amaze me!)...



Un Besito Fiber
offered a tonal coral that will pair nicely with several of the "single ladies" skeins in my current stash, though there are tough decisions to be made there...


Frog was so tired when we got home that he requested his slippers, and he has not taken them off since he put them on!


No dancing, no stash diving, no anything but lounging in his "day jammies" and slippers. Today is actually a great day for that. It's been a rainy one, which the flowers love. Rainy days are also good for knitting, so you won't hear me complaining either!


As a bonus, we are planning on a visit soon from this riotous crowd soon, 


so stay tuned! There will be more fun tales to be told, and new knits are very likely on our horizon in the Pretty house! More frogs, anyone? Or should we move onto something else?

The frogs can be a little judge-y...
With the 4th of July coming up here, in the States, I hope that you have some down time and fun planned with your family. Even if you are not celebrating a national holiday, I hope that your life is full of color and people that you love.

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!
Maybe I'll knit a bumble bee?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear after it has been approved.