Saturday, April 27, 2024

Round, Round Getaround! 🎵🎶

Not really even my era of music, except that my parents always listened to the "oldies" station on the radio while I was growing up! Now my era of music is on that same station...but I digress...this is about how Pretty "gets around!"

A couple weeks ago, I blogged that I was headed on a ROAD TRIP!, and I am soon headed on another. This time, it's a getaway from the office to do some planning trip, and I'm a little sad that Mr Pretty will not be tagging along. This is my first of three planned trips without him this year, but I will be with good friends. We will be doing some exploring, and I am excited to go. ðŸ¤—

Plus, there will be knitting time! Since I have a couple of projects on the needles, including purple socks to wear to an upcoming Donny Osmond concert!!!


With a combined 10 hours of car-knitting along the way, these should be finished before I get home! Other projects coming with me include some double knitting (a test knit for a farm-themed cowl) 


and, depending on how much time I actually end up with, perhaps another fun pair of socks. I have some self-striping, sock yarn and a polka-dot pattern all lined up for this trip! I thought about bringing the current frog-project, but there are just too many loose ends that one must pack for a tiny-toy-knit! 


Yes, he's cute. He is also a model for future-frog-togs for the blog-frogs of my September 2023 post, Frog Lips. But he, and any other frogs that fall off my needles before I leave, will be staying home with Mr Pretty. I doubt they will pay each other any mind. Lol... ðŸ˜œ


I'm looking forward to this tiny respite from the everyday. April has been a busy month already, and although I have enjoyed the birthday parties,

Middle kid, Pappy, Uncle and Birthday Boy!

All the boys like the Brown Bear Buddies!

He can climb Pop Pop!

This kid can [almost] flyyyyy!



time with littles and bigger grandkids, 



Snuggles with cousins...

Hide and Seek ⬆️
Mario ⬇️

I am quite looking forward to a bit of quiet time away also. Maybe I can even talk my crew into finding a yarn store along the way. (FYI, this is unlikely, which is totally ok. I have no shortage of yarn in my life...or in my house...and at least two yarn adventures planned for this summer!)


So, I suppose that's what's going on with me. How about you? Are you getting around at all? Any plans for the upcoming summer (or winter, depending on your hemisphere)? Wherever you go, whatever you do, don't forget your knitting!


Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

Gnomes, decked out for Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment