Saturday, May 4, 2024

Busy, But Loved

This past week has been a bit of a blur. It started with a 3-day trip to see the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, KY, and also the Creation Museum in Petersburg.






Then back to the office to prepare for the end of week madness of two worship services, a funeral and a large meeting, all taking place over the next two days. #churchlife 

For what it's worth, church life can be a very good life. ☺ I am happy to work and worship in the places that I do those things, and visiting KY this week has reinforced that for me. There are challenges, as there are with any group of people, because we are often not all on the same page about everything.

What we are on the same page about is Jesus. God's Son, and our Lord and Savior, he is the basis of our faith. Visiting the Ark and Museum reminded me that Jesus doesn't mean much if we don't first believe in God and his creation. It also reminded me that there are many who do not start there, and many who start there and then take some questionable turns...including myself, from time to time.

I know that some of you reading, if you are still reading, have very different beliefs than I do. I would venture to guess that we start at different places, and it might be difficult for us to be on the same page ever. I'm ok with that, and I promise to never force my beliefs on you, because I love Jesus. He did not say, "Force this down your neighbor's throat, in the name of God!" Jesus said, "Love the Lord your God...and love your neighbor as yourself." That's what I'm about, and I hope that you know that you are loved, by me at least. I don't ever want anyone to feel that they are unloved or unlovable...so, always know that you've got a friend in me. 

Besides, I don't typically blog about all of that. This is a blog about knitting, and yarn, and family...right?!? Right!!! So, what am I knitting (besides frogs)?


Well, there are the purple socks, which are coming right along! (After all, I had, like 10 hours of car knitting this week!)


And I'm working on a Farm Doodle Cowl as a test knit for Pacific Knit Co!


Just for fun, my pretty, knitty brain decided that we would like to do this double-knit (or two-sided), which has slowed me down considerably...but wow! Check this out!


Super-fun! After the cowl is finished, and perhaps after the socks are finished also, I am most likely going to go back to make a few more pieces for the frog's wardrobe, and perhaps a frog-friend as well. After all, what's better than a knitted frog?


TWO knitted frogs! Lolz...well, it's better to me at least! 

What's going on in your world this week? I hope that whatever it is, you are finding time to spend with the people who mean the most to you, and that you are feeling the love that is all around you. 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

Oh!, and my morning glory
seeds have sprouted!

No comments:

Post a Comment