Saturday, April 6, 2024

Coming Up...Purple?

Everything is not exactly coming up purple, but I have much planned knitting that will incorporate purple in the very near future, because guess what??? No, I mean it...really, you guys! 

GUESS WHAT?!?!?

Sweetie got me tickets to see DONNY OSMOND for my birthday!!!


Gahhh! So excited that I am having Deep Purple dreams and planning to knit purple, sparkle socks to celebrate! I may even get myself a purple jumpsuit to wear to the concert (which isn't until July, so maybe a swimsuit instead?)...but first, socks for sure...
 

Then perhaps I'll knit socks for Donny, too! I mean, he was known for his purple socks back in the 70s, so why not now, too? I could not be more excited for this concert, it was a great surprise! Thank you, Sweetie!


Another surprise was this fairly spectacular
travel mug and cake from Jess! Wow!

It was a good birthday, and in other Knitting Knews, the scarf finally arrived at its destination in Kansas! The Girlie loves it, yay!


I am also knitting away on a very involved birthday gift for a cute grandson who will soon be two! Here's a progress shot, 7 of 9 blocks complete, ready for arms, legs, faces, fins and tails...


See the purple block there? That's going to be a cat! The last two blocks are more complicated, involving colorwork and texture, and all nine will be  the animals from Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? I am currently working on the body of the goldfish, then the sheep will be last. Super fun!


After that, PURPLE SOCKS AHOY! 

The other yarn in my "happy mail" photo from Leading Men Fiber Arts (one of my fave dyers!)  is for a Christmas vest or colorwork sweater. I have not decided which yet, but this fairly neutral green, the color is called "The Grouch," is pretty spectacular!


So many possibilities, and the 5-year-old is still asking about the Super Mario Bros.U Deluxe sweater he would like me to knit him next...but first, purple!

Oh, and did I tell you that I'm going to see Donny Osmond in July??? Gah!!!! And super yay!

What's bringing you joy today? Whatever it is, even if it doesn't include purple, I hope you have lots of it in your immediate future!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment