Saturday, September 9, 2023

Frog Lips

From the mouths of babes...err, I mean frogs. Because frogs have a lot to say. Who knew? Anyway, let's start at the very beginning, because it is a very good place to start.

Last week, I decided to knit a frog...an endeavor which was highly supported by my beautiful, smart and cool 12-year-old granddaughter. The rest of the family feels this may be confirmation that I should be fitted for that "special" white coat and sent someplace to rest. But I digress. What happened was that I did, indeed, knit a frog. 


Through the process, there were moments of doubt... 
Little Voice, inside my head: That doesn't look like the picture...
Me, right out loud: Well, I'll just keep going anyway. It's kinda whatcha do, there, Pretty!


Me, right out loud, againOh! He needed his frog lip! Lol, I am knitting frog lips! I love him and his frog lips!


Frog 1, now that he has a mouth and all his appendages: Hi! May I have a friend, please?


Suffice it to say that he did not have to wait long for the requested friend!


Frog 1, leering a little: She is BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL!!!
Ms Froggy, shyly: Ummm, may I have some clothes please?


As I watched the pair of frogs interact, and knitted them both new outfits, I considered carefully how they should be dressed. I started with a simple sweater and a pair of overalls. Let's see how they like them.


Frog 1:
These are awesome!


Ms Froggy:
 Ooooh! I love this sweater! It is so warm and cozy! 


Ms Froggy:
 Ummm, Pretty, have you noticed that this guy is a little dull in the eyes? Is that something we can fix? And he keeps taking our clothes off...it's a bit disturbing really...


Pretty:
Well, ummm, the eyes go in before the stuffing, and I don't know how behavior modification works in frogs. I could knit a third frog...I suppose?
Ms Froggy, confidently: Yes. Please. Do that.
My knitting needles: Click, clack. Click, clack. Voilà!


Ms Froggy:
Oooh...hi, Handsome! Pretty! quick! Put the overalls on him!


Frog 1:
Ummmmm...


Handsome Frog, with an educated, British accent: Very nice. Very nice, indeed. I shall also be requiring a jacket, Miss Pretty. Can you get right on that?
My knitting needles: Click, clack. Click, clack. Voilà!


Frog 1:
Ummmm...


Ms Frog:
May I have a pretty dress, too?
My knitting needles: Click, clack. Click, clack. Voilà!


Handsome Frog, trying on jacket, admiring dress: Splendid! Now, I believe we would like to write a blog. What should we call it?

(Frog one hops away, discouraged.)

Ms Froggy: (to Pretty, with a wink) Oooh! He's a writer! Good thing I take dictation! (to Handsome Frog, wishing she had eyelashes to bat) I also make a pretty good cup of coffee!


Handsome Frog:
I'm afraid shorthand is so very out-dated, Ms. Froggy. Can you type?


Ms Froggy:
Can we get a smaller keyboard?


Pretty:
This is all I've got, friends. Can we make do, if I turn it on? 
Handsome Frog: If it's all you've got, I suppose we will have to.


Frog 1:
 Ummm, can I have my pants back? Please?


Whoops! I guess that's not an unreasonable request. But do you remember what happened last time? I mean, if you give a frog overalls, he's gonna want a blog...


While the frogs blog, I suppose I'll wrap up here. I apparently have some shopping to do. Smaller computer, smaller coffee cups, perhaps a little desk and lamp. Oh, and I'll need to knit more pieces for Frog 1's wardrobe. Wait. What have I gotten myself into?

Readers, I sure hope your Saturday hasn't gone off the rails like mine appears to have done! I will be welcoming my day of rest tomorrow, and taking a break from the craziness that frog lips have brought to this knitter's life!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

Frog Pattern is by Claire Garland
Yarn is by Knitting Lizzard and some leftovers.
My Project Page has all the details
Clothes improvised, notes may be coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment