Saturday, January 6, 2024

No Secret Knitting

For the first time in a long time, there has been no secret knitting for Christmas. There was knitting for Christmas, to be sure, but it wasn't a secret. This knitter needed input for cardigans and pullovers, requested by granddaughters who wanted something just so. The hoodie is so far behind schedule, that it has become a birthday gift! (It will also be late for this deadline, but I have sent pics to the nearly-nine-year-old, and she knows how close it is!) Tonight, I am down to the "duck details" on this Psyduck hoodie...wish me luck!


Oh!, and the after-Christmas, rainbow Yoshi is well underway...


The other thing I thought I might tackle in the new year is a closet declutter. There was a group to join on FB, and I joined the parade straightaway, as though I were one of the little people at our grandsons' house...


It sounded like a really good idea, until I got in there and realized that I had just done this last February! 


So, the closet looks pretty good. My apologies. Lol.


The yarn room, could use some work, but I'm not ready for that...still creating the collection in there! Instead of the yarn, we tackled the taking down of all things Christmas over the long weekend. Well, most things Christmas...the gnomes 


and my light-up snowman still stand, but the tree is gone, and we have moved the furniture around a bit. I like it!


But, as with any rearrangement, there are things you find that just aren't necessary anymore. Like this.


This is the bouquet from our wedding. It has survived multiple moves, vicious vacuums, and curious cats through the years...and I could hold onto it for the next 13 years, until our golden anniversary...or I could save myself from my pack-rat tendencies and toss it this year. I think I'll go for the latter. It's dusty, the ribbons are yellowed, and some of the flowers are just...gone. It may be time. 

As sad as it can be to let go of things, the memories these flowers invoke are still strong. Two crazy kids, who barely knew what life was about, diving into the weird adventure that marriage is some 37 years ago. It's been a wild ride...sometimes better, sometimes worse, most times unpredictable...but we are still buckled in, so yay!

So, Happy New Year to you and yours! As you can see, I don't have many resolutions, I wonder if you have? Yes or no, take a moment to say hello in the comments, if you like! 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

And watch football with your Pop Pop, if you can.

2 comments:

  1. now i want a rainbow yoshi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can figure out how to make that pattern better, you shall have one!

      Delete