Saturday, January 13, 2024

Sleepy Saturday

I am sleepy! 2024 has started busy, and there have been some hard moments already. Yesterday, I attended the funeral of a dear woman, and you know how these things sometimes wipe a body out? Well, I am wiped out. I slept until 9:30am, that's like 11 hours, which is about 5 hours more than I usually sleep! 

To combat the sleepy, I may just take a nap. Or I may just keep working on some super-simple socks. By the way, if you've been considering one of those "slap bracelet," sock-sizing rulers, they are very cool and useful! But mine is not as accurate as I'd like, I am sad to say...


I wear a women's size 10US shoe, but I normally knit a size 9 sock (my feet are not super long, but wide). To test this ruler, I measured to the knuckle of my big toe, as usual. Then I held up the rule to my sock/foot, and it measures a size 7...I'd need to knit about half an inch more to reach the size 9 line. (Also, FWIW, I also thought the ruler on the back was an inch off, until I realized that the markings start at 1", not zero. So that was definitely user-error...ugh!)

So, clearly, I need a nap. If you also need a nap, please take a nap...and enjoy the long weekend, if you have one. 😴 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health! 

No comments:

Post a Comment