Saturday, December 30, 2023

Two Days Before 2024

What do you do on New Year's Eve EVE? Years ago, and for many years in a row, this day brought an overnight lock-in for the teens at the church we belonged to. Lots of coffee, midnight balloon drop, giant inflatables, no sleep, and cranky-by-2am-Jr-and-Sr-highers...it was a blast! (There was even some occasional knitting!)


8 years ago, our daughter married the love of her life, in a blizzard. It was beautiful, it was cold, we did gingerbread favors with a cookie decorating table...and we celebrate their lives together today! 


Today is also the day that I'll take down the tree, because I always take down the tree on the Saturday after Christmas. And it is time...but I am dragging my feet a bit. I love the decorations, and even as I pack them away, I look forward to next Christmas. 


Looking at the tree, I was surprised to strip so many cookies and caramels from its branches this morning! But I think the girls will be happy to get a sweet treat in the mail this week...


And now it is time to bid farewell to this year, and welcome all things new. Time to plan knitting projects, pack January birthday boxes for shipping, and think about what kind of cookies I should bake for the cookie jar when all the gingerbread is gone...


Do you have plans for 2024? Do you have plans for 12-31-23? (Read that 1-2-3-1-2-3, pretty neat, huh?) I'm generally in bed before the ball drops on New Year's Eve, but maybe I'll stay up tomorrow...who knows? (But please don't call me at midnight!) 

Thanks for stopping by, Knit in Good Health, and have a safe and happy new year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment