Saturday, September 23, 2023

Perplexed, but Not in Despair

Happy Saturday, friends! I've been working my needles harder than usual, and coming up with unwearable results, so lol! My granddaughter requested some very specific socks, and I am so excited to come up with something for her...in fact, I have already finished the first sock! It is stranded color-work, which means even the inside of the sock is mesmerizing!


But, and I knew this was happening as I kept knitting, it will never fit a human foot! 

Too long, too skinny, too tight!

I could let this distress pull my knitting soul into the pits of despair, but I have chosen instead to use sock one as a learning experience. I will have to knit at least two more socks, but I have learned that I need larger needles...and I should start right into the colorwork at the toe. I've actually already started (see photos above and below), and it seems to be going well, so yay! 


For what it's worth, I am pretty sure that I said the exact same thing about that first sock, but I was dead wrong. Murphy's Law abounds in stranded color-work. Well, it does, on my knitting needles anyway! Lol! 

I promise you finished photos when I get there, and I am thinking of writing this pattern up (since I have already gone to the trouble of 10 charts!), but that's probably a little ways down the road. So, what can I give you for free today? Well, what about photos of fall at our favorite park...


And on the path, beyond the pond, in the apartment complex next door...


And boys with their brothers, and their builder robots, and Pop Pop, and the tire swing!




It has been another full-and-good week. I have recovered from the discouragement of sock one so completely that I have not only started sock two (of 3 now, lolz), I have also cast on a special request pair of baby booties for a friend of my daughter's, as this knitter is wont to do!

I know, this is just yarn. Isn't it pretty, tho?

I encourage you to pivot perplexed moments into learning lessons, rather than allowing them to drag you down to despair, because life is much more enjoyable with a positive attitude! Remember, if you have a choice between laughter and tears (and I know, sometimes there is no choice, but sometimes there is), seek the smiles!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health and smile often!

No comments:

Post a Comment