Saturday, September 16, 2023

Busy, Busy, Busy Day!

Earlier in the week, I put up a random Facebook post about the probability of my survival if I had birthed three, rambunctious boys, like my daughter has. The odds are not good that I would have been thriving in the same way were this scene part of my daily experience:


Yet, thrive she does, enjoying sweet moments and snuggles...


Moments of defiance, as he will clearly go any direction he pleases on that ladder, Mama...


Moments of big feelings, when the little kids watch big kids get off the school bus, and then the bus just drives away...without taking them anywhere...


Even the joyful moments make my heart leap in unexpected ways, because this idyllic scene...


Can quickly turn into the scene where the baby is done, and he will clearly roll himself off the swing, all by himself...Mama, he done! 

Gah! Somebody catch the baby!

So, it's been a busy, busy week in the lives of the local Pretties, and our hearts are full! My Saturday is also full, I've been going since about 6am today, so this will be a quick post. I have cookie-baking plans with my daughter this afternoon, a hat to finish, and a pair of socks to start!

A favorite shortbread cookie recipe
New cookie cutters that I am pretty pleased with
Another Musselburgh hat in a Stroll Gradient
Some sock planning and design...shhhh!

These come on the heels of chili-making, muffin-baking, chocolate caking (I dunno. I guess I'd like some chocolate cake? Lol...), and more! 

All of this in preparation for a fun afternoon with the boys and their parents. Yes, even despite the rough patches that are sure to show up from time to time, my life is good. Yay! I hope you are finding some good in your life lately, too, but it's time for me to stop typing and get on with the day.

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment