Saturday, September 30, 2023

Sock Era or Baking Era?

Last week, I told you the tale of a sock gone horribly wrong. Well, not horribly, but certainly not as intended. If you haven't read about it, here's a link: Perplexed, but Not in Despair 


This week, I am almost done with sock #3! Yay!


To celebrate, and in between stitches, I baked peanut butter-banana muffins...


...and cookies, because I got some new cookie cutters!

(Yes, Halloween. Tomorrow is October, ya know!)

Those Keebler elves know about cookies, so I took a little page from their book and made simple shortbread (so much butter, yum!) with chocolate on the bottoms. So good on their own, but even better with a hot, slightly sweetened cup of creamy, pumpkin spice coffee! 


Each cookie was a celebration, so I started making up reasons to celebrate! Like organizing my new (and old) cookie cutters...

(Trays and lid all stack and snap together, yay!)

...and weaving in about a million (or 40) ends after finishing the colorwork on sock 2. Which is really sock 3. Which means that I've woven in more than 120 ends since starting this labor of love!


Whew! That's a lot of ends. My next project is going to be more solid colored, I think! Lol...

What's on your agenda for the weekend? I'm hoping to go apple picking soon, and perhaps I'll hit up a local farmer's market for fun. Oooh! If there are apples, there will have to be cobbler! or crumble! or maybe pie! or maybe apple everything!!! Sounds like I'm going to be busy, so I'll sign off here. ðŸ˜‰

Thanks for stopping by, friends, and Knit in Good Health!



No comments:

Post a Comment