Saturday, July 1, 2023

Modular Monogamy and More!

Last Saturday I showed you some ZK2023 photos, and the retreat was still going pretty strong! 


I hadn't even been yarn shopping yet when I wrote that post. Boy! I had fun with my friends! 


Here's a flash of my new stash, properly laid out on the hotel bed before packing...as one does at a yarn event. I wonder what I'll make?


I came home with plans to knit new things...like a Moduloncho (by Shanalines Designs, who has great, modular knit designs!) with some Destination Yarn! I have a Solar System mini set and two full skeins of Silver Shiny in the Noir colorway...oooh!


Of course, I hadn't quite finished the neon socks I came home knitting, so I didn't start right in. As a matter of fact, when I did finish the socks, it took me over 24 hours to decide whether I'd knit the poncho or something else. In the meantime, I did some stash diving and lots of knitting math to help me decide. Then I spent a whole morning on yarn management... so, no knitting for nearly two days!


That's one of the downsides of being a monogamous knitter...with only one project on my needles at a time. Sure, I could work ahead,  choosing projects and yarn before finishing the current project... but I have a feeling that's how most of my friends have ended up with 12 sweaters, 3 hats, 5 pairs of socks and a couple of blanket projects, all going at the same time! 


"Knitter, know thyself" thinking helps to keep me grounded, with only one work in progress (wip) at a time. 


Occasionally, I do cast on an additional project,  but never more than 3, and each must fit into a different category (socks, sweater, hat, for example). Knitting monogomy is definitely my vibe! My current project is that poncho I mentioned earlier, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it come together. Right now, it's still in the beginning stages, but trust me...it's gonna be so good! 


Before I can really dig in to my knitting again today, I'll be hanging out with some of my favorite guys! 







And I hear there's a holiday coming up, too. I hope my US friends have some fun plans for the Fourth of July, and I hope you'll all be safe and find joy in the days ahead. You can bet that I'll be knitting! 

Whatever you're up to, Happy July to you all! Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health! 

No comments:

Post a Comment