Saturday, July 15, 2023

Wild Life

What do you think of when you read "Wildlife?" Do you think of snakes?


Or frogs or turtles? 



Maybe you think of hawks (on the church steeple) or other creatures of the forest? 


Perhaps you think of something entirely different, but after the wild week we've had around here, I will think of this crew (the Fantastic Frogs!) when I think of wildlife!


I'll think of fun crafts and friends,


and games outside,


and singing and being able to share all of that with my grandson this week!




You know what? There was even a snake at VBS this week!


He came with Jungle Bob, who put on a great show for the kids! Even the youngest in the crowd were super-focused on this knowledgeable grandpa-type entertainer!



He had dad jokes, for kids and grown-ups alike, and kept the kids' attention for the entire hour...even after the Popsicle Party!!!


I can't pick a favorite memory from the week, because there were just too many good times! But I do have a favorite photo, that I have already shared with my friend, Amanda (who is, by the way, our VBS Director!):


Preacher's kids, and the offspring of many church staff, never fail to entertain! Lol...

Have you had a good week? It's hard to believe that summer is half over, but then I look back at the fun I've already had, and I realize that there is so much more summer to come! What a lovely time of year (if you can get out of the heat occasionally). Full of wild, life experiences for young and Pretty-aged people alike...and plenty of time for knitting. Is there anything more satisfying than a beautiful, i-cord edging on a summer evening? Well, if you're a knitter that is...! 


Whatever your summer brings, I hope that you are finding time to rest, be well and stop and smell the roses...or whatever flowers you come across. 


Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment