Saturday, July 29, 2023

Hello, Old Friend!

Those of you who follow this blog, or know me in person, you know that I knit. And many of you also know that knitting was not my first craft love. That title is reserved for crochet. 

Just like my first real love, I suppose, I've never forgotten my first craft love. But unlike the first boy I kissed, I regularly met up with crochet. This week, a friend told me she had seen him in a video

Is crafting gendered? I think not, but it does help with the metaphor...and I'm always curious about what old friends are up to these days... So, in very short order, this happened: 


Then this...


And this, because why would I not make a big letter "S" with my crafting?


Finally, I was here, and now I want about a thousand more crocheted "beads" and yards and yards of cording, too. 




If you have a favorite pony bead pattern, let me know. I definitely sense that there will be more of these in my future! 

My Crochet Beaded Lizard

By the way, if this inspires you, there are LOTS of patterns and tutorials out there! Just search "crochet 90s beaded lizard," and it's off to the crochet races for you, too! 

Now it's time for me to get back to the knitting, and start some new socks for the coming Christmas season! (It's coming, eventually!) These are a test knit, so no links yet, but the socks will be on my Ravelry page for sure.

Have you thought of your first love lately? 

Thanks for stopping by,  and Knit (or crochet?) in Good Health! 

No comments:

Post a Comment