Saturday, October 5, 2024

Unlikely Hymns

As I finished up my work day, heading to the ladies' room before locking up, a song 🎶 popped into my head: 

Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! 
I did not wet my pants!
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! 
Must have done the right dance!
I got to the potty in the nick of time, 
And I'm happy to say that my pants are still dry!

Those of you familiar with the hymn will recognize that these lyrics are fairly far-removed from the original...which is entirely on-brand for Pretty! The fact that the lyrics are new doesn't make my hymn any less of a praise, though, and I do regularly praise the Lord in small victories, as well as the big stuff. As a "woman of a certain age," not wetting my pants is occasionally a major victory!

I'm glad that I can praise the Lord in all things, and I'm glad that I can do all things through him who gives me strength! 

Like knitting!
And knitting makes my heart joyful, which is good medicine.


Knitting has brought joy and so many fun friends into my life, and friends increase joy, too! 


This weekend I'm spending time with some friends near the lake. 


Some of us enjoy a nice drink with dinner...


Some of us have matching pajamas...


...and all of us have knitting! 


So, praise the Lord! for dry pants, and a Lakeside weekend with friends, patio donuts and knitting...among other things. 


What's making you happy this Saturday? I hope it's something you can share with friends, because laughter multiplied increases joy exponentially! 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

Porch with knitting (where are the knitters?)
There they are!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear after it has been approved.