Saturday, August 31, 2024

It's Wonderful

Let's talk about my favorite pattern for kids' sweaters. As you might guess from its name, it's pretty Wonderful! 


Through the years, I've completed 14 Wonderful Wallaby sweaters for grandkids and other kids, and I started number fifteen just last week! 


This pattern is a classic hoodie, and super simple, though it does have a couple of places where the knitting gets tight. Still, I can't help loving the simplicity of a seamless sweater that is easy for kids to wear...and also easy to put on and take off "all by themselves!"


Quick to knit, I've added custom touches to many Wallabies, and looking back through them (and the kiddos wearing them)  makes me so happy! 



The one I'm currently knitting makes me the happiest right now, and it will have many of my favorite custom touches...such as an actual placket (the pattern calls for just a simple split at the neck opening)... 



...pictures and details in duplicate stitch or intarsia, to make each hoodie special...


...and sleeves provosionally cast on so I can knit them down to the same length as the body. (Bonus: sleeves knit top down are easily lengthened later by ripping back cuffs and adding rows!)


Wallabies are certainly wonderful for the flexibility they offer the knitter, and I will keep knitting them as long as I know kids who love hoodies! 


So many things in life are wonderful, just like the Wallaby...and so many things are not. Let's focus on the wonderful when we can. That's my plan, at any rate. I hope you'll join me. 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health! 

PS-not compensated by Paradise Fibers at all...I just really LOVE this pattern! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear after it has been approved.