Saturday, August 24, 2024

How About a Little Knitting

Pretty Knitty Jewelry started as a craft and knitting blog. As my last few posts have illustrated, it is often more than a craft blog, but knitting is how it all started. Sooo, how about a little knitting in this post?


I'm currently in a KAL (Knit-a-long) with knitting friends far and wide. Actually, I'm in two KALs...one that requires the use of self-striping yarns, with one entry allowed per month to be entered for prize drawings. This will be my next entry:


And the other KAL is an adventure, with 5 categories to choose from each quarter of 2024. It the knitter can complete a project in 3 of the 5 quarters before the quarter's end, the knitter is entered for prizes! As an overachiever, I have already complete 3 projects in the third quarter, as well as casting on a fourth and fifth!

Bulky afghan, housewarming gift.
Rainbow, balloon dog, worsted weight yarn. 
Test knit, fingering weight yarn. 
Wonderful Wallaby, DK-weight yarn.
Breezeway shawl, lace-weight
(and fingering) yarn.
I've also pulled out the spinning wheel again, and I'm working my way through some mystery fiber that was dropped off with the wheel when Jenny loaned it to me. I think it's going well, especially since my main goal is to simply play and get familiar with the process, again. It is very soothing.


There are plans for two more Wallaby sweaters for boys, some pretty things for the girls and a couple sweaters for Pretty...wish me luck with that list! Better than luck, I think a short post might be just the ticket for this knitter today. That'll leave me with more time to knit!

What are you making time to enjoy today? Whatever it is...

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

Cheers!, to the last hurrahs of Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear after it has been approved.