Saturday, March 30, 2024

It's Been Everywhere, Man

On March 21st, I mailed a box to my son and granddaughter. There is a birthday gift (it's silly, not valuable) and a Taylor Swift inspired scarf (handknit, priceless) in the box. 


Let's say that the box is headed for somewhere in Kansas...which it still is, by the way. I realize that Kansas is far from Cleveland, and I probably didn't mail it early enough, but the original estimate of arrival was March 25...just 1 day late for the birthday. Oh, well.

Except for the fact that the actual travel itinerary for this box, priority mail and so far, has been Cleveland to Akron; Akron to St Louis, Missouri; St Louis to Kansas City, Kansas; Kansas City to destination? No, Kansas City back to Columbia, then St Louis, MO; St Louis to Hebron, Kentucky (!?What?!); Hebron to St Louis again; St Louis to Kansas City, KS again...and, although the estimate says that the box will be delivered today by 9pm, I am not confident. So, cross you fingers and say a prayer (if you are the praying kind) that the box will, in fact, arrive today.

I guess I have to laugh, although I am frustrated. This is a first for me, and it is more angering to watch it travel back-and-forth in my notifications... But maybe I should just be glad that this scarf has had an adventure? 20 years ago, I would have simply wondered where it had gone...today, I know a part of its story. Yes, it has had quite the adventure!

To keep calm, I have carried on with the knitting (shocker, right?!?), working on some giftie things. A few dish cloths, here and there, and gifts for a soon-to-be birthday boy! 


This guy will be 2 next month, and he loves Brown Bear, Brown Bear...can you start to see the characters in these blocks?


I've knit 4 bases in a week, and there are 9 animals, so I'm going to have to hustle to get them all done, but I think I am up to the task! 

Before I can keep knitting today, I'll need to get the bread and potatoes going for tomorrow's Easter dinner. Dough is currently rising, and I'll cook potatoes as soon as I sign off...


Whether you are observing a holiday or not, I hope that you are able to enjoy some time with family this weekend. I'm looking forward to celebrating that Jesus is alive with my family and church tomorrow! 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!



No comments:

Post a Comment