Saturday, March 9, 2024

Silly Pretty Knitty Gramma

Part of the challenge of being a knitting Gramma is finding the balance between connecting with the"kids these days" and just being me. Silly, pretty knitty me, who sometimes hears the eyes of the next generations rolling when they aren't even in the room! I'll give you an example: 

Silly, pretty knitty me finished a sweater this week, so I did a photo shoot (as you do, when you've just knit an awesome sweater like this Fall Frolic):


The shoot involved two locations, one fall (yes, I was jumping; no broken bones or bruises,  yay!)  and zero other humans. Just a knitter, her phone and a tripod...and about 200 resulting photos (some were very silly)!


Silly, pretty knitty me also loves to knit for her grandchildren, which can be a dangerous game. No knitter wants to think of her babies' babies crying to mom or dad, "But it's ugly and it itches!" So, it's important to ask before venturing into a big project.

Of course, asking brings its own challenges, to be sure. This morning, between ambushing Pop Pop on the couch,


and sneaking Mommy's cookies,


The 5-year-old told me (again) that he would like a Mario Smash Brothers sweater. "You know, like this, Gramma. I know you can knit it,  just like the game,  Gramma!"


This kid has faith in me, his silly, pretty knitty gramma...and I'm gonna give something a try here soon, I think. But first, I'm gonna have some fun with a pair of self-striping socks...


and there's a scarf promised to one of the faraway granddaughters, inspired by Taylor Swift, of course...


I guess being a silly, pretty knitty Gramma is pretty fun for this knitter, actually. It brings me so much joy to knit for them! 

What's bringing you joy today? Whatever it is, devour it and keep doing it. Life is short, so be sure to make the most of this (and every) day!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health! 

Cookies also bring me joy. 😊 

PS-For those who've asked, my father-in-law is in hospice care at home, and he is doing well. Your prayers and good thoughts are much appreciated. Thank you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment