Saturday, December 16, 2023

Knitmas 2023

December the 10th was just last week, and wasn't that a party? We had a blast at Knitmas 2023!


CKW planned a party 
for Christmas, and then
The knitters were headed 
to my place again! 


No stockings were hung, 
for we have no hearth,
But for this day, stockings 
don't have enough girth.


So I set festive bags
under the lit tree, 
And the first knitter to add 
little gifts would be me. 


Each knitter arriving 
added something else nifty
Until each bag was filled up
with fun, little gifties!


There were plants, real and crafted, 
ornaments and teas;





Special treats, tokens, and cookies, 
may I have one now, please?





And the food! Oh, the food -
Cheese dips, chili and more!
We ate and we ate, 
and no one kept score.




Don't forget the traditions... 
yes, most ordered more yarn*;
And hand-knit**, holiday socks 
made of wool, so warm. 




There was laughter and fun, 
but little singing this year;
Not sure where the hippo was, 
she was not here. 

Julie wins the prize for finding this in the sofa! 



All in all, a success 
was this Christmas bash! 
The first of the season, 
definitely not the last.


There's more gifts to be finished, 
things to be planned; 
Nine days until Christmas! 
Yarn's under my command!

The party is over, and yes, I'm still knitting like a fiend! This is the first year in quite a few that our son and his family will not make it home for the holidays, so I have a couple of boxes to ship still...I'm getting there, I promise! I am also trying to take a breath here and there, so I don't lose my Christmas mind.

Online shopping has helped, and I've had some things shipped directly to the kids (thank you for doing my wrapping, Christy!). But the knitted gifts and homemade goodies are all on me...still not quite sure how to send the gingerbread...

How are your holiday plans coming along? Do you have any fun events to attend? Gifts to ship? Projects to finish? 'Tis the Season! 

In the middle of it all, thanks for stopping by, and Knit (and bake, and shop, and wrap) in Good Health! 


*Don't remember how it started, but we usually do a group yarn order at the party...and so we did this year, as well!
**Not all of the socks are hand-knit/wool, but our feet are festive, and they know it!

4 comments: