Saturday, February 25, 2023

Less is More?

I generally struggle with blog titles, and today is no exception, but this weekend, I have a little less of the boys and their knitting requests, 


and a little more of the girls, and their fun crafts! 



So, less is more...kinda. ;) I'm sure I'll have more photos by the end of the weekend...but for now, I'm just taking it all in. 



She has a new sewing machine (for kids), and I'm learning that she just needs a regular sewing machine. In the meantime, she's learning how to lay out squares to design her own quilt.



This gives me all the feels, because
1. The fabric comes from the stash of a dearly departed friend from fairly far away, and 
2. My granddaughters take after me, with the crafting gene!

They both like to craft,  and after a little trip to the craft store,  we bonded over Taylor Swift music and beads last night...but my phone was dying (and on the other side of the room to charge), so no photos. And since they craft, there are fewer requests now that they're not so small anymore. 


It is fantastic to watch them grow and see their personalities bloom vigorously! But soon the girls will move a little farther away, so this is a last hurrah of sorts in this location. There will be visits both ways, to be sure, and more crafts, in our future...but today I drink in these moments to cherish. 


I hope you are also enjoying time with the ones you love when you can, and I'm glad to see you here. There is no comparison to loving companionship, and no better use of your time than loving your loved ones! 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health! 

Baby hat for road-trip knitting!

1 comment: