Saturday, June 25, 2022

No Sleep 'Til Sunday (Night)!

So, here I am, in Rochester, MN, running on yarn fumes and coffee...truly part of the Zombie Knitpocolypse experience for me. 


I'm not sure if anyone here is able to just go to bed at the end of these days of friends, fun and frantic knitting. I suppose the introverts perhaps do better at the resting part, but I am not sure...I am NOT an introvert, to be sure!



I am a knit-in-the-car,


knit-in-the-lobby,



knit-in-the-ballroom,



knit-in-the-classes-and-showcases,






and-take-all-the pictures and talk-to-all-the-people kinda Zombie, and I am having so much fun!





The only part of this experience that has caused me stress this year is the trying to not miss out on anything! FOMO is a real thing for some of us, at least! Coffee is keeping me going (and I love the new coffee sleeve design by Shanalines Designs!).


We have not yet reached the Closing Ceremonies, so I'm not sure if my 5K efforts will win me another championship shirt this year, but I did come in close-ish to my time again this year, even with the half-mile detour I took with my buddy (BTW, I saw the sign, and I'm not sure why I did not turn...lol!)


And I finished just as strong as last year!


Today is the Market Place, and the yarn fumes will be strong, so I'm eeking out an earlier-than-usual post. Cue Aerosmith...I don't want to miss a thi-ing! After the Market, I'll be teaching a class, which I am super-pumped for!


Then early tomorrow we'll pile it all back into Lauren's car and head east. My own bed is already calling me, but I'm still all in here. I am completely Zombie-fied at this point, but still totally all in! 


The New Nomsters are looking forward to seeing the condo when we roll in, and I'm looking forward to a new pair of completed socks from ZK2021 yarn at the other end of the journey. I am also looking forward to seeing what jumps into my hands at the market! 


If you are/were at the retreat with me, thanks for stopping by! If you have a minute, and you won't miss out on anything, drop me a comment below, and tell me: What was your favorite part of ZK2022?

Until next week, Knit in Good Health!



No comments:

Post a Comment