Saturday, July 2, 2022

Surviving the Letdown

What do you do after an awesome week at ZK2022? How do you handle the letdown after a 6-day sleepover with roughly 150 other knitters who love yarn and needles (and crochet hooks, and fiber, and the internet) just as much as I do?


Well, if you get a text from your daughter on Sunday afternoon, about halfway between Rochester, MN and Cleveland (while you are in the thick of Chicago traffic), I suppose that means an impromptu trip to your favorite amusement park! Yes, after much laughter and yarn acquisition


the thing to do was certainly a day in the sun with these cuties 

So excited for all the rides!

Grammy and Pappy came too!

Pop Pop helps him buckle in.

Everyone but the baby in this photo...

There's the baby!
Giant Ferris Wheel...so high!


Perfect end of the day...

Cotton Candy Coma!

And one last turn on the Merry-Go-Round.

before planning what to do with all that new yarn!

By the way, I've already started knitting up some of the minis I acquired at Woolapalooza (some Nomsters and Tiny T-Rexes are first)



and now I am planning for some Gneutral Gnomes out of some of the new stash of minis (see those greys and off-whites bundled in front of that stash photo at the front of this post? Mmmmm!). It's going to be a fun knitting year, that's for sure!

If you're looking to really keep the excitement up, you schedule a tiny procedure for pain management the Friday after returning home, and hope it doesn't impact the holiday weekend too much. Lol...for those who knew I was going in for a Lumbar Epidural, I'd like to report that I am ok. It wasn't what I expected, and the procedure kicked me in the...back ...hahaha!, but I am feeling better today than yesterday, and I hope to feel better tomorrow than today. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts!

Having said all of that, I'm going to sign off here and take another nap. I hope all my US friends have a safe and happy 4th of July weekend, however you may celebrate, and that all of you have a nice weekend where you are. 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the video! It was the next best thing to being there! Glad you fun! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete