Saturday, May 1, 2021

Transitions Are Hard!

Look at me, living in a new and beautiful home...everything is falling together, but I still feel so unsettled. I mean, we all know that Pretty is a creature of habit, and I've talked here before about how it takes me a minute to make changes. The older I get, the longer it seems to take. So, while this is a good move for Pretty and Sweetie, it has been a hard transition. 

Where are the spoons?
With all the silverware...which drawer did I put that in?
 
Where did you put the (name any item in my house that is not in plain view...and some that ARE in plain view)?
I have no idea...I think I've put it away, but I'm not sure where...?

Where does this go?
Your guess is as good as mine...

This last question has perplexed me most, because I have reached the point of NEEDING to hang my pictures on the walls. I need to do that so it feels like home to me...I know it's an OCD thing, and it doesn't really need to be done, but I need to do it. I spend countless moments staring at photos, stacked against the wall, trying to decide...

That's my bridal bouquet in front of my grandmother's picture, but I still haven't hung our wedding photo, and that's held a prominent place in all of our homes so far. I need to put it up...but where?

As I contemplate how to keep my past in front of me, I am reminded that sometimes I need to put it behind me...so I can live in this moment. Thank you to my daughter and her boys for bringing me back into the present with a visit yesterday.

They are watching Cocomelon as the big guy "tickle tickles" his little brother...so cute!

And Pop Pop decides that our new stairs are a great place to drop paper "whirley-bird" airplanes for catching or aiming into a basket at the bottom. He's not wrong, but they needed to look up a video to refresh Pop Pop's memory on the making...

Looks like they've found a good one...

...aaand, yes! They are having snacks and fun while they figure it out! 

We did have a great visit yesterday, and I am pretty sure the boys slept well last night...we did our best to wear them out anyway (and we wore ourselves out in the process...lol)!

So, despite my stress-face and tough-with-transition disposition, I am blessed beyond what I deserve, for sure! Don't let me tell you otherwise.

I am thankful for my new, beautiful home. I am thankful for a big, open space to enjoy my family when they visit (for the first time in 26 years). I am thankful the cats and I seem to be adjusting, and I am thankful for a Sweetie to share it with...so I will do my best to process and mitigate the silly stress of transitions that are a part of who I am. 

How do you handle change and stress? A bit of exercise? A tall glass of (insert adult beverage of choice here)? Perhaps a cookie? Prayer? Please send suggestions...

All that to say that I am doing well, and I am so glad that you have popped into the blog today. As things open up, if you are local, I hope you will stop by our new place for a visit, too! Now, it's time for me to hang some more pictures and do a little Saturday knitting. 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment