Saturday, February 27, 2021

Moves Like Jagger?

That post title is misleading. 
Neither Pop Pop nor Pretty "got the moves like Jagger," but we are moving.

Yes, in a little over a month, Pop Pop and I are planning a move. It will be a local move, with little to no dancing (maybe singing though...), to a condo in a neighboring town. I am overwhelmed by the process, and I honestly wish it were over already, but I suppose that is pretty normal. The outside will look something like this rendering:

It will be shiny and new, and we will no longer be responsible for snow removal or lawn care, which is good. Our little starter home of 26 years is paid off, so we won't list it until we have moved out, which will make it easier on the real estate agent and the cats. Cats hate moving and people parading through their place!

To be perfectly honest. Pretties hate having people parading through their place, too! I mean, you never know what someone will touch or see, and keeping a place clean enough to "show" while you are still living there is difficult at best! So, we know we are blessed to be doing it this way...but the waiting is tough! I mean, everything is not yet shiny and new at the condo...


But it is getting there! I hear that counters and cabinets will be installed soon, and this will start to look more like our new living space, so that is pretty exciting! This is what the model looks like, from an angle similar to mine above (fun to imagine with furniture!):

While we wait for buildings to be finished and loans to be closed, we will continue the great cleanout and start our packing...which explains all the boxes in my living room, lol! And we will spend time loving some of our favorite people, who will live just a little bit closer after the move. 
Happy Baby! I love a happy baby!

"Build house, Gee!" This kid loves to build and climb!

Yes, that will be good indeed! I will also be a little closer to work, and less commute time means more knitting time! Speaking of knitting, I finally put a lid on my 7-year Beekeepers Quilt, that I've been working on since 2013! 

That means that I can finally take down that counter on the side bar of the blog...I got up to 243 hexipuffs (though I only put together 233). I may use the other 10 for something else, but I may not. Either way, I am so excited to put this piece in my craft room as a pop of colors!

Prayers and moving mojo are greatly appreciated as Pop Pop and I navigate the next few weeks! If you have moving tips and tricks, please share. It's a little surreal, and 26 years is a lot of history here, but we are ready. New beginnings are good things, and every knitter could use a good excuse to knit some new dishcloths...so that's where you'll find me while we wait!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

8 comments:

  1. So excited for you! Prayers for the move and all that comes with it. And every time God chooses to dump snow on the ground I'm grateful i don't have to shovel it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Every time God has dumped snow this winter, I've thought, "Why do I still live here?" Lol...

      Delete
  2. So excited for you! Prayers for the move and all that comes with it. And every time God chooses to dump snow on the ground I'm grateful i don't have to shovel it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is so exciting! We are in our "starter home" of 29 years...lol! This is a big step, the hardest part in leaving the history and the memories! We just sold my aunt's/grandparents' house, which has been in our family for 50+ years... so I get it, it is quite surreal! But I am sure you guys are excited and ready! Take lots of pictures, incase you get homesick. You can pull them out and reminisce !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it didn't reply as me... Kathie Davis

      Delete
    2. Blogger is funny sometimes, Kathie! And yes to the photos! And the memories of bumping into one another in this tiny (and very compartmentalized) house...thanks for the memories! Perhaps that will be another post before we move...? Surreal is a great word for it! (#imaybeahoarder)

      Delete
  4. How exciting! We're moving to a new house too, but we're going bigger. We need more room even though we are getting rid of stuff like crazy! My current kitchen has no counter space and even though we love the house, it's not working anymore. Best of luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats and good luck on your move! We are actually going way bigger in our kitchen, same-ish everywhere else...but as it turns out, I am a hoarder. Lol...and working to remedy that!

      Delete