Saturday, February 6, 2021

Head 'Em Up, Move 'Em Out

Yes, I think the lyrics I took my title from are a little different, but going through all my stuff feels more like herding cats than cattle, so I'll just let it go...along with the junk! But I'm not letting go of everything, because one of the best parts of clearing out the junk in my house has been the great finds. Like this trunk, which sat in my son's bedroom for many, many years. I pulled it out of the attic recently, because Allen is planning a visit with his family, and it is time to pass along whatever he wants to keep. TMNT were certainly big in our home for a season!

In my bedroom, while clearing off a bookshelf, I found this and posted it to Facebook. It is a little difficult to read, so I'll give you the transcript at the end of this post, if you want to read that far. On FB, Allen mentioned his "poetic prowess" when neither his dad nor his sister remembered writing this gem. They did not always "get" me, but they did give a perfect gift for whatever occasion that was...I did love that watch, and the poem. 

While I was in the basement, I also opened a box of "goodies" from my desk at the first church I ever worked for. There are certainly some fun things here.
To be happy, don't do what you like...Like what you do!
Then, down the rabbit-hole of photos, look at all these pictures that have graced my fridge through the years, oh my! If you see your face in there anywhere, I'd love for you to drop me a comment! So many good memories right there, on my green ottoman...I'm sure I will find more as I continue!

Speaking of the fridge, do any of you remember when I sold Tupperware? It was a fun 9 weeks in the early 90s, when I didn't really know many people and I had two toddlers at home...so, yeah. I did not excel in my sales. But I did buy every piece of Tupperware that my little heart desired, and all the matching magnets, at quite the discount. All in all, I'd call that a win...lol!

Trash to treasure? Treasure to trash? Who knows, really? But it's been a fun game to see what's there, and to write about it here. Life is a funny thing when you're a collector at heart! Too bad I live in a teeny-tiny house...hahahahaha! 

Well, it's time for me to get back to the decluttering. Board games and books are next on my list, and I have more than a few of each! In fact, if I'm not mistaken, there are two Monopoly sets in my house right now...not like Monopoly and Monopoly Jr, but two full Monopoly sets! We don't even really like to play Monopoly that much, but I think I'm keeping those just for the photos I could create with them!

Still a collector at heart, I suppose, and I enjoyed the trip down Memory Lane. I hope you did too! What are your plans for the rest of this weekend, friends? At some point, I hope to sit and knit for a bit! (Maybe more than a bit, if I'm lucky!) 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

Transcript of Poem, pictured above:
Time with Mom
It won't be ready in time
And I'm sure it will cost more than a dime
Have you ever committed a crime?

It's getting fixed at the shop
Perhaps it's taken one too many a drop
Do we have any pop?

We know how much you like that watch of yours
Much, much more than a bunch of wild boars
Our house has a broken door

This way you won't have to depend on a clock
You won't have to listen to tick or tock
We know a guy named Tak (pronounced "tock")

We appreciate the time you spend on us, mom
You're the greatest mom.com
Your love is more powerful than a bomb.

Dad
Allen
Jessica S

No comments:

Post a Comment