Saturday, November 21, 2020

Birthdays and Other Good Things

Chugga-Chugga Two-Two! was the theme for the little birthday party last week, and it was a hit! 

I mean, imagine for just a moment that you are nearing age 2, and one day you wake up from your nap to see your Pop Pop has arrived for a visit! Just when you think it can't get better than that, you hear both of your Grandmas (Gees, with a "hard g") downstairs...and when you rush down to see what is going on, there's Daddy and Pappy putting together a giant train track and engine! 

It was a great day to be this Bubbo! (Yeah, Bubbo. Not Bubba, because we are not southern. I don't know why or how it originally fell out of my mouth...but I've been calling him Bubbo for long enough that he knows I mean him, so there it is.) Add a pretty good spread of snacks and sweets, 

and a new trampoline to the mix, and the day just doesn't get better!

Yes, we had a good Saturday last week, for sure! We even got to snuggle the littlest brother for a bit. Auntie Telly is clearly better at keeping him awake than I am, but I'm ok with that.

Since then, I've cast on a new sweater for me, a test knit for a friend, and I am loving how snuggly it is! 

Great pattern, great textures, great yarn, hours of entertainment...oh, I am enjoying this knit almost as much as this kid loves the wind and being "Uh-High!"

My "bubble" has been pretty good lately, even though all the COVID numbers are up everywhere around me, and the world looks like it is planning to shut down again. Even if it does, think of all the knitting time I'll have to finish my new cardigan...there's always a positive to be found somewhere. 

Where is your positive this weekend? Did you make a new discovery? See a great movie or show on TV? Get your internet speed boosted? Whatever it was, please share! 

If you haven't found it yet, I hope you do soon. A little positivity can turn the day around like a kiss from a handsome prince...even if the happily ever after has some interruptions. 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment