Saturday, November 7, 2020

A Week of Decisions

If you are looking for a political post, you may as well keep looking. This is a knitting post. 

I have some decisions to make. I spent the last week making decisions about my latest hat tricks. Some of my decisions were very good, and some were just ok.

That green hat on the left? Very good! Great contrast in the two yarns for the fair-aisle knitting, and great color change in full sun, too! I think my little Slytherin is going to love it!

The one on the left? Well, the color-change yarn changes beautifully to pastel purple, blue and pink, which is great (just like on the other hat), but I really should have used a solid or darker yarn with it. Still look at that variegated loveliness...deep down in my knitting soul, I needed to use this yarn for this hat!

Even if it was not my best decision, this is no great tragedy. Both are hats. Both are lovely. Both will keep a head warm. Both will be loved, even though one may be loved more than the other. Who knows? Maybe the more loved hat will be a surprise to us all...only time will tell!

In the end, I have a green hat finished, and a girly, multi-colored hat finished too! 

But I still have decisions to make...because my knitting life goes on, even though the results are in. Now it's time to look to my next projects, which will likely be holiday-themed for a winter gift swap I am involved in online...so fun! 

But, before I get back to the picking and choosing, here's a fun little moment from my week:

Yep, we got dressed up to play in the leaves, and these boys had a blast! And Mom? Well, she did her best to keep calm and carry the baby out of the way! This grandma can't wait until that tiny one is big enough to play in the leaves with us, too! Until then, I'll just keep knitting through my decisions, as I hope you will. J

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment