Saturday, May 27, 2023

Hairy Choices...

Every year, at this time, I start to think about two things:

1. Woolapalooza, Babyyyyy! (Today is the day, friends! Whoop! Whoop!)


and
2. My Hair. Most girls will tell you that hair is part of who they are. Mrs Maisel has a signature style, and my daughter tells me that I have a signature "swoosh." I suppose she is right...I mean, whether it is long,


short, 


or in between, 


I part it on my left, and Swoosh! There it is! It just falls that way, and most of the time, I really love it. Oh, I do have the occasional bad hair day, same as anyone, 


but by the time I decide to "just chop it all off!," it usually starts to behave again. Yes, I've good good hair, and I know it!


And I like it long, and I like it short, and I tolerate the in between pretty well, so there you have it. But the other day, as I was getting ready to take a shower, I noticed that my next haircut will likely bring a significant change. 


I mean, I know I am going gray, because I am 55...and I have eyes. But this pic just brought it home. Those auburn ends, swooshed and swept up from my shoulders, showing off against the gray on top...they made me think twice about the annual haircut. 


I'll probably get it cut anyway, because summer is coming, and it will grow back...but those ends. They will not grow back, will they?

They will not. And that's ok. Sometimes you just have to cut it off, mourn the loss, and wait to see how it grows...with hair and some other things in life, too. So, yeah, I'll get a haircut soon...and I'll check to see if anything else needs a little pruning. Chances are good that I will NOT prune my yarn stash though, because (see #1 above) today is WOOLAPALOOZA, Babyyyyy!

If you're headed to the Wayne County Fairgrounds for the Great Lakes Fiber Show today, look for me! 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

So. Much. Hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment