Saturday, May 6, 2023

A Slog, a Sock and a Story

Welcome to my week. This one's been a bit of a slog, and I'm feeling less "on top of the world" and more "flattened beneath a steamroller" than usual. I'm sure you've had that kind of a week at some point. 

I've been making mistakes, at home and in my knitting, and feeling a bit under the weather, yes...very sloggy indeed. The week started well, coming on the heels of a Knitters' Weekend near the lake,  with all the food (maybe I'm sloggy from being too full? nahhhh...)






All the friends and fun I could hope for...




Oh, and the knitting! Sock knitting (heck! all knitting) is blissful on a knitters' weekend! 




Then there's Monday. Monday, Monday...which leads to Tuesday...which is good. By Tuesday, I really needed a dose of silly to lift my spirits. These brothers and their parents are good at that! 


By the way, take some time with that photo...it tells a story. It's a funny story to many, but notsomuch to the biggest brother! But he got through it, soooo, whew! 

Then we were on to the rest of the week, which was no more cooperative than Monday. But today is Saturday, and I'm taking it easy... because sometimes I've just got to stop and breathe...in through the nose, out through the mouth...that's better. Maybe some knitting, too.


Yes, I'm looking forward to a better week ahead! I'm not sure what your week was like, but here's hoping that the next seven days bring you more laughter than pain. If that's not how it lines up for you, remember you're not alone. We've all been there. And if you need a bright spot to help get you through, here are some neutral, knitted gnomes getting ready for the brighter days of summer. 


Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health! 

2 comments: