Saturday, July 9, 2022

My Left Foot

As I have aged, I have noticed certain...things about myself. For instance, I have one slightly sexy foot. Please Note: This is still a family-friendly blog, and I promise not to deviate with this post...but I do have one foot that is definitely more attractive than the other, which gives me pause when I take sock photos. 

When I started sock knitting, I would routinely pop my newly finished socks onto my feet for photos without a second thought. Somewhere along the line, however, arthritis has settled into both of my big toes, and my right foot is no longer capable of the standard "pretend-this-foot-is-in-a-stiletto" pose. I won't show that foot off, not in a sock and not out of a sock, so you'll just have to trust me. But I will show you my sexy, left foot.


Before you rush in to comment that this is neither a very sexy foot, nor is that a stiletto, please know that I am in possession of these facts. But my left foot is definitely my best foot, so I'll keep it forward...


...or I'll pose it awkwardly sticking straight up, while I lie on the floor for the best angle...


...and then I will agree with you that yes, sometimes knitters are weird. Lol! But having just watched The Greatest Showman with some of my favorite knitting friends last night, I will embrace my odd because this is ME!

You know what else is me? Photos. Shameless photos of next generations. Generations who have two sexy feet (for now...I think arthritis runs in some of our families) and beautiful smiles that I wish I saw more often...


...and generations who still smile easily (even despite the pre-teen status of the very tall one on the left)!


Yes. This is me. This is Pretty. Knitting and taking pictures of people...and of tiny knits, occasionally arranged into sculptures with the help of my current favorite 7-year-old!


You may be right...I may be crazy. But I just might be the lunatic my family and friends are looking for! The lunatic with one sexy foot. (Sorry Mr. Joel!)

I hope that you and your sexy feet have found your place to shine and the people who celebrate you, even though they may not understand or agree with all of your opinions and oddities. If that sounds like a pipe dream, I encourage you to find yourself and then find your "tribe," the village that will love you and let you be you!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

Apparently, gnomes love bananas!

2 comments:

  1. I love the heel pop & I was totally singing along where appropriate:D

    ReplyDelete