Saturday, May 21, 2022

Knitting as Germ Warfare?

As it does every week, Saturday has rolled around. Today is a sunny, lonely Saturday, as the boys and their parents have some sort of "germ." So, it's just me and Pop Pop having a lazy day, with none of this

Gotta wipe those faces after Mitchell's ice cream!

or that

or this other...at our house, at their house, or anywhere in-between


and it is a little sad. 

Don't worry...there is knitting! As my preferred way to keep busy while waiting out the germs (rather than warring against them) as we watch golf, work the Wordle, Quordle and Spelling Bee, knitting is keeping me sane and helping me to drink in these quiet moments. So, what am I knitting?

Here are some face-washers I'm working on for the kiddos. Mama has requested grey, as they are to be kept in the kitchen for after meals. 

My free pattern, Gramma's Favorite Dishcloth

And here are some cats, in miniature (as you may have come to expect from Pretty)

The cats are much lazier than the apple conquering t-rexes,


and I'm not sure a cat on a "floatie" is a good idea (claws, you know!),

Don't pop the preserver!

but they were sure fun to knit! Thanks MochiMochiLand makers!

I have a few more face-washers to finish, but I am thinking of doing something really bananas with my knitting soon, so I hope you'll come back in the next couple weeks to hear about it! In the meantime, there is nothing quite so lazy as a Saturday afternoon nap, and I think that I will indulge. 


How about you?

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!



No comments:

Post a Comment