Saturday, October 23, 2021

A Tale of Two Saturdays

Football, Knitting and the Lake House. It's been a pretty perfect couple of Satudays! Well, let's be clear about who I am...it's way more about the knitting and the lake house than the football! But I am looking forward to a sports themed little celebration for the littlest of the littles this afternoon...and there will be cuppy-cakes (my daughter is so talented)!

In preparation, I have knit sports-themed balls...

...and a tiny wallaby! (This is #12...I really can't get enough of this pattern!)

I finished the wallaby last weekend, in between the donuts... 

friends and phones...

and the food! Oh, the food and the cooking! 

Apple-Pie Crisp...Check out the
Pretty Good Recipes page!
Even though the weekend was a little chilly and wet, we laughed, and we knit and we had such a fun time, as we do each time we visit the lake house!

It is wet and chilly again this weekend, but we will enjoy the family (and the food!), and we will celebrate the little man's first trip around the sun...Happy 1st Birthday, Little Bug!

I hope that you have had a lovely week, and if you have not, I pray that your soul will find rest over the weekend. Everyone needs a moment to breathe. While you are breathing, may you find something fun to do with your hands, and perhaps someone fun to spend time with. Whatever you're up to, I sure am glad that you stopped in for a minute!

Knit in Good Health, and enjoy the game! (Any game. Football. Baseball. Board game. Whatever. Enjoy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment