Saturday, May 2, 2020

Quarantine Knitting - Barbie Edition

Part 1?

I am not sure if this is a multi-part blog series yet, but as I mentioned in my last post, I am thankful for the knitting as we slog through the stay-at-home orders in our state. Even with some of the restrictions lifting this month, people getting back to work and businesses opening, my life will not change much. There will be much time at home (after work for me, I am also thankful for my job!), so there will likely also be much more knitting.

I can tell that it is starting to get to me, though. Even when I knit, I have trouble concentrating. It reminds me of a Netflix movie I saw last week, called The Willoughbys. It's an animated story of a family that has trouble getting along, and the mother knits. There is not much else to redeem her character, but she knits like a fiend. As a matter of fact, when stress levels rise, she is often heard shouting to her husband (back of hand to the head in total drama), "I can't knit!!!" By the way, if you haven't seen it, and you can find it, check it out...I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Because of my occasional inability to focus, I have started taking on smaller projects. Specifically, I have been knitting Barbie clothes. I'm not sure if she is happy about that or not, her plastic expression never really seems to change...but I am pleased with how they are turning out!

Well, I am pleased when I finish and they fit. Thankfully, old Barb is not bingeing nearly as much as I am (on food, or anything really), so her size is pretty constant. The way I figure it, until I start knitting ridiculous things like doll panties and socks, I am probably ok. 

Wait. I just remembered these. Send help.

At least send ideas for other knitting, if you have any! Perhaps someone could get pregnant so I can knit baby sweaters??? I dunno...just sayin'.

In any case, we really are fine around here, and the knit goes on. How are you holding up this week? What are you knitting, my knitting friends? Whatever it is, I hope that it brings you joy! Life is too short to not knit what you love!

Thanks for stopping by, stay healthy, wear your mask and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment