Saturday, February 3, 2024

Joy and Beauty and Knitting

When we moved from our old house to this condo, one of the things I lamented leaving behind was our front porch. 


With red brick risers and concrete steps, outdoor photos in daylight were full of texture and background color that was neutral enough to show off hand knits pretty spectacularly...


...especially tiny things and toys.


Since moving here, I have learned to appreciate the airy, openness and natural light of our many windows for bright and beautiful photos...



...and our white countertops have been the background for many photos of smaller items.


But I think the item I enjoy the most in the backdrops of my knitting photos is my chunky coffee table...you know, where the pig lives! 


As a matter of fact, that pig and his sweater show up a LOT in the pictures, lol! But this isn't about the pig. 




This is about blooming where one is planted. There are plenty of things I did not like about the old house: dark corners, small rooms, weird layout. And there are plenty of things I'm still not really used to in this condo: nowhere to "hide," overly bright light fixtures, and a little too much "road noise" from the highway.

Yet there is beauty and joy to be found wherever I am. Not because everywhere I go is beautiful, but because I want to find the beauty wherever I am. Finding beauty in the mundane brings me joy, so I will keep looking. 

What small things bring you joy? Whatever they are, I hope that you are finding that joy, savoring it and storing up a bit for the days and nights that are a little more "dark and stormy." Maybe you've even found some joy in this post, and if you have, I'm so glad. 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health! 



No comments:

Post a Comment