Saturday, June 17, 2023

I've Made My Bed

I wonder why I feel so satisfied after making a bed? Our beds and bedrooms are not fancy or frilly,


and I do not claim to be the perfect lay-er of linens...


But there is just something about a freshly made bed that makes me want to go out and conquer the world! Well, maybe not the world, but perhaps I could ball up some yarn for a new pair of socks...


Then I could start knitting socks! Which I have done this week, so yay!


Making beds also gets me motivated to do the things that need to get done before I blow this popsicle stand in favor of one of my favorite retreats: the Zombie Knitpocolypse!


I'll be hopping a plane to see some of my favorite faces early next week, and so I will spend the rest of my weekend planning, packing, and preparing to embrace my Stockinette Zombies friends in person next weekend! It'll be a super-fun time!



Until then, I'll likely keep knitting something, and trying to wrap up the loose ends at home and at work to prepare for my absence. Like finally getting my hair cut...whew! 


Seeing all the dark hair discarded was not for the faint of heart...and I had a hard time not picking up a lock to keep, in memory of my young hair...lol!


When I get back from the retreat, it'll nearly be the 4th of July! Where is this summer going? I plan on grabbing as much fun in the sun (aka knitting outdoors) as I can while it's here, and I hope that you will do the same! 


Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

The kids had a visitor this weekend.
So very sweet he was!

No comments:

Post a Comment