Saturday, December 3, 2022

Slowing Down?

Advent.
A time to wait.
A time to look forward to good things.
A time to slow down and enjoy the Christmas season...



Unless you knit. 
Unless you have grandkids who know you knit.
Unless said grandchildren have birthdays in October, November and January, isolating Christmas knitting to mostly December.
Lol...


4 years old. Where has the time gone?


Throw in working at a church that has Big! Christmas! Events! every weekend in December, and an active social life, and Advent is not what I might dream it could be. 

So, in an effort to slow myself down, I've decided to do an Advent devotional every morning. But rather than starting one, I've started 4. Four 25-day devotionals with Bible verses, to see which one slows me down the best.

Oh. Okay. I see the flaw. But here I am, in the heart of this season full of family, baking and creative making, just barely treading water in this ocean of activity. I'd ask God to slow me down, but He might send me a case of Covid..

Which might work...but I'd rather not go that route again this Christmas.

Instead, I'll pick a devotional, just one. 
I'll plan my knitting intentionally, just one project at a time.
I won't freak out if I can't fit everything in. (In theory, I won't freak out. In reality, I'll probably have a moment or two...)

So, what are your December plans? 
Any stress in your life? Any good ideas on how to manage said stress? 
I'm all ears...and hands...there's still so much knitting and baking and candy making to do!
Now!, if not sooner!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health (if it keeps you from going insane!)

Two Novembers, one October. 
Also an April and July...phew!

Two Januarys, two in March.
No rest for weary knitting fingers...lol!

3 comments:

  1. I can’t thank you enough for everything Christmas! 🤶 🌲

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just made me laugh!! Hope you slow down in something! We went on a cruise in November (was supposed to be Nov. 9 but the hurricane closed the port and it was November 10 before we got on the ship for 10 days). Then Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales hit which means Don booked 3 cruises for the very near future. We got on the HAL Nieuw Statendam yesterday and will return this Saturday. Then on Sunday we get on the MSC Seascape for 7 days. We will be home in FL for Christmas and New Years but then in January we go on the MSC Divina for 7 days. Don thinks this is SO relaxing but I'm the one having to check us in online for each cruise, fill out health questionaires, print documents and luggage tags, help him pack, pack myself and do laundry in between cruises. But I'm SO relaxed!! LOL

    ReplyDelete