Saturday, October 8, 2022

The Elusive, Vacationing Grown-up

Last Saturday, I mentioned packing for a little vacation...would I have enough yarn? Well, I am here to report that yes, I had plenty! In fact, I didn't even have time to break into the new project I packed, and didn't finish the socks I brought with...lol...but I'm not sad about that. This trip was all about spending time with these little hooligans:


Just look at the attitude on that 11-year-old!


But she can smile, 


when she wants to...hahahahaha!


To be fair, she wasn't totally in on snuggling the baby. I think she gets that from her dad...


Being the oldest cousin, however, she was the most likely candidate to hold the littlest cousin while dangling feet from a trailer decorated for fall!


Speaking of dads (and moms), the grownups managed to avoid the photos pretty well on this trip to Boyne Mountain (MI)! Other than this shot of our daughter's husband with his middle kid and our son's youngest, and that pic above of said son with his sister's littlest, 


there were very few posed photos of any of us who were over 18...maybe we'll get those at Christmas? Lol...


Maybe there aren't so many photos of the grown-ups because we just didn't have as much fun as the kids did...I mean, three of them rode horses...




All but the baby, even this little guy, got a turn in the bouncy house...


and there were so many opportunities to run and play (most of us got a turn to ride that ski lift, even though the snowy season is a few weeks off),




and lots of music to dance to!


And sometimes, when things got a little overwhelming, the middle kid just took a moment to snuggle his little brother in the grass,


and maybe give him a little tickle...lol


Besides that, there was golf for the guys,


some of the big people went zip-lining,


and the kids had fun at the indoor water park (no photos at the water park...so wet!)

There were fun and games,


a great condo for us all to stay in,



and lots of time with the family, 




Boyne Mountain is a beautiful place to spend time with an awesome family! It was a great time to see the colors of fall, and we had such a good time!


This weekend will be a little quieter, but we will spend some time with the boys and pick apples tomorrow. That'll be fun! How are you ushering in this fall season? I think you should snuggle into a cozy sweater and do some knitting! (Of course I do.)

BTW, I've finished the socks...

and I've started the hat now...

Thanks for stopping by this week, and Knit your way through the chilly weather in Good Health!

2 comments: