Saturday, August 27, 2022

A Fair-ly Nice Week!

We went to the County Fair this week with Jess and her boys, and it was fun! 

I took three photos. 

Wait. What? Well, you're right. I took more than 3 photos. What I had on my phone, when we left, was about 3 good-ish photos, so here they are:

"Lookit me! I'm in da wheel!"

Wait. Is that kid sitting still? Just for a second!

Watching where we walk, all evening!

Many will tell me that this is a good thing. I was living the moment instead of capturing the moment, and I know that this is true...but I do like having the pictures. Pictures are less work than words. After all, if a picture is worth a thousand words (which is a fairly well-documented truth, according to photographers anyway...lol), this blog is way shorter with photos! 

One of my favorite things at the fair was walking through the animal barns to see rabbits, cows, pigs, chickens (we even got to pet a floofy chicken!) and freshly-shorn sheep! As the biggest of the boys puzzled at the sheep without their fleece, I reminded him of a book we have often read about Farmer Brown. It's a children's book about how the farmer gives the sheep their haircuts, then goes all around town to have the wool washed, combed, spun and dyed, before taking it home to knit all of his sheep new sweaters before it gets cold in the fall and winter. (I'm not sure Farmer Brown sleeps...)

I told the boys, "These sheep are still waiting for their sweaters!," which elicited a big smile from that big boy! He knows where yarn and sweaters come from, and it is good.

Besides the animals, there was the food. Saucy, dripping burgers with lettuce and mayo falling out; salty, greasy, shoestring fries in the kind of container that makes it hard to reach the ones at the bottom; hot pretzels, snow cones and cotton candy...yes, it was a lovely, balanced dinner at the fair! Hahaha...

There was also people-watching and a couple of games, though we did not ride any of the rides. I don't know about you, but I always worry a little about the temporarily-installed, fair rides, and I believe my daughter feels the same way...and rides or no rides, it was a good time. 

On the way back to the car, the littlest two fell asleep in their wagon, which was good. However, when the middle boy conked out, he conked heads with the baby. Oops! There were tears, short-lived, then we all piled back into our cars to drive our full bellies and some new dirt home, looking forward to our next adventure! 

Like the sheep, while I wait for our next adventure, I am also waiting for my sweater! It's a test knit for one of my favorite knitting designers, Shanalines Designs...here's a tiny peek of more progress.


Yes, this one is going to be so good, and I can't wait until it's released! By the way, even though the pattern isn't out yet, I'm guessing you could get your hands on that luscious yarn by Suburban Stitcher! These colors are It's Electric and Nectar, and I love them!

I'm glad you stopped by today, and I'd love to know what your next big adventure will be! Have you gone to any good fairs or festivals this summer, or are you still planning to? I'd love to hear about them in the comments! 

Until next time, as always, Knit in Good Health!

FYI - nobody asks me (or pays me) to talk about yarn, designers or books in my blog. I'm just a gal who likes to share what she likes!


No comments:

Post a Comment