Saturday, February 26, 2022

I Got Your Back!

My quest for the perfect self-striping sock yarn for my Bright Axis sweater took me to an unexpected place this week. The land of canes and steroid packs for hip and back pain...


Don't worry about me too much, I'm fine...but I am moving a little slower. I'm not sure what I did exactly, but that hip pain that concerned me (please let my hip replacement be okay, and it is, whew!) was determined to be muscular, lower back pain. It was severe for a couple days, and I am eternally grateful to good friends who "had my back," so to speak! (Thanks for the fancy, flowered cane, Ruthann! It is just what I needed for physical and emotional support this week!)

With my extra down time, I shopped all the self-striping yarn dyers I love, and happened upon a perfect match sock set in the "Sesame" colorway from Must Stash Yarns! I've been lusting after this colorway for years, and just happened upon it this time...super yay! I mean, just look!


Some of the girls at our Thursday CKW Knit Night were having a "winding party," so I brought my new yarn (and my cane) with me, and look how perfect it's going to be: 


While I waited for Thursday, I worked on a new sock for one of our granddaughters in KP Felici. Sunset is the colorway, stunning is the sock!


All that knitting and planning has been therapeutic, and I am getting back to my old self! I am also getting ready to find my way to Sesame Street on my Bright Axis! Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street? These boys are excited to help me, as long as Sesame Street is at the bottom of this snowy hill! Lol...


Hahaha! One of them is way more into winter sports than the other, but they both love to be outside, in general! Pop Pop loves to be outside, too, so he's got their backs! 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment