Saturday, June 26, 2021

Chaos Coordinated?

Some have dubbed me the "Chaos Coordinator." Most notably, my boss...during a pandemic. At first, I didn't see it like others did. I mean, I know that I find chaos uncomfortable, and I know that I am a textbook version OCD/type-A personality, but I thought I had it under control. Then I started working on a puzzle. 

It's been years since I've really worked a hard puzzle. Well, there was the one I started at my son's house last summer, but my OCD cannot say that I "worked" it, because I left it unfinished. And I left a piece of my soul behind with that unfinished Harry Potter puzzle (a gift for my Potter-fied, 10-year-old Peanut!).

When I started this puzzle, I had plans of working on it until it was finished. Of course, at the same time (words every knitter "loves" to read), I started a sweater (now finished) 

and I was planning on attending a knitting retreat several states away. Guess what? I left on Tuesday, and the puzzle was not finished. Not. Finished. 

I may or may not be twitching, but I did not bring the puzzle with me. Of course, since I am leaving behind two cats, 

I knew that I could not leave the puzzle out either. And since I don't have a puzzle mat to slide under a sofa (heck! up until two months ago, I didn't even have a decent table to work a puzzle on!) I did the only thing I could think of to manage the chaos. 

I took apart each of the four corners, and slipped the pieces in labeled baggies, to make putting it back together a little less tedious when I get home. 

Chaos currently coordinated, or something like that. 

I am still in Minnesota today, and I will return home tomorrow. This has been an awesome time with friends and yarn, and friends with yarn! I almost wish it would never end, but then I think about getting back to that puzzle...and I realize why I love it so much.

So much of this life is puzzling, chaotic and totally out of my control. A puzzle is something I can do to create order from chaos, and I love the sense of accomplishment that comes from finally finding that one piece and slipping it into place. So satisfying! Puzzle therapy, if you will. Again, I am looking forward to getting back to it!

Knitting all the yarn also does that for me, so I am glad to be returning home with a little "stash enhancement" today! (More details on this next week...I promise!)

What do you like to do when it feels like everything is out of control? Do you just go with it and spin? Do you meditate? Do you like a good puzzle, or maybe a strong drink? How do you cope? If you're still figuring that out, do you want to come help me with my puzzle this week? You can bring your knitting...

Yes or no, I am glad that you stopped by today. I hope your day is good and that you will Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment