Saturday, April 3, 2021

Twenty-Six

I've just celebrated another birthday. I am not 26. However, Sweetie and Pretty have lived in this house for 26 years this month! 
Here we are, in our starter home, getting ready to celebrate one last holiday before we move. The last thing I will bake in this house will be holiday rolls this afternoon. They will be knots, rather than crescents, mostly because I have already packed the rolling pin. When they come out of the oven, all the baking supplies will be packed up snug, because (drumroll please)...  

We close on Thursday for the new place! 

If you're counting (and I most certainly am) we've spent...
26 Halloweens...
26 Thanksgivings...
26 Christmases...
26 New Years...
26 Wedding Anniversaries...
26 Birthdays for each of us, and after tomorrow...
26 Easters in this house!
Nostalgic much, Pretty? I know. I know. But that's what happens. We took down the photos and the growth charts, and we are packing things up every day. I'd like to think that the trash collectors are impressed with the amount of refuse and recycling we have hauled to the curb so far. Jess is right. I am a hoarder. But I am less of of a hoarder now. Progress...and Swedish Death Cleaning...lol!

Just one more holiday in this house. 
Two more weeks. 
Three more blog posts (including this one) in this house. 
That's a pretty good run, so thanks for the memories, Little House!

I know it's still a pandemic out there, but I can not help but hope that you have some plans to gather with loved ones, either online or in person, to celebrate the hope that Easter and Springtime bring. New beginnings, including rounds of vaccines for everyone, and fresh starts are everywhere. What is one way you can start fresh today?

Whatever it is, I'm glad you took a moment to stop in and say hello! 

Happy Easter, peeps!, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment