Saturday, November 23, 2019

Birthday Fun!


Last week, this goofball turned one year old!


Of course there was a party, complete with themed food, 

and a full house!

People were wall-to-wall when it came time to open presents, so it was a challenge to get a photo of the Birthday Boy by himself (sans other peoples' hands, legs, and...ummm...backsides)...


But we all had a great time! That boy's mommy and daddy know how to throw a great party! They even invited all the cousins...

Birthday Boy (on the right): Dude! You made it to my party! Did you know I'm one?
Cousin: Yeah. I turned one last month.
Birthday Boy: You did?!?!?!
Cousin: Don't you remember? You were at the party?
Birthday Boy: Oh. Oh, yeah...that's right...it was a, uh party. Right Pappy?
Cousin: Nevermind. Happy Birthday, Cousin.
Birthday Boy (to next guest): Dude! You made it to my party! Did you know I'm one?

The other cousins were more actively involved, you might say...

Birthday Boy: Ummm, those are my presents, little girl.
Cousin (dark haired girl): I know! I'm helping! Aaand, I am your cousin!
Birthday Boy: Ummm, you are opening my presents...
Cousin: I know! You have great presents! Aunt Jess, can I play with that one?

Cousin (with blonde hair): This is a really cool truck!
Birthday Boy: I know. Ummm, you seem to be touching it.
Cousin: Well, you pushed it into me...
Birthday Boy: I know. There is nowhere to go! Have you seen all these people?

The whole day was so much fun, culminating with a little dude and a Mickey Mouse banana cake...which was yummy. The pug was hoping for a taste, for sure!

So, that's what we did last weekend. Today, I have other things going on, like clearing a space for the Christmas tree...right...here!

I assume that the tree will come out soon, since it now has a space...but who knows? Remember that one year that putting the tree together (all three pieces) took me two weeks? Hahaha! Hopefully I will be quicker than that in 2019! Are you putting up your tree this weekend? Next weekend? Or are you skipping it this year?

Whatever your holiday traditions, I know that Turkey-day is next on most everyone's agenda, so I hope you have all your shopping done for that at least! And thanks for taking the time out of your holiday schedule to stop by and check into the blog!

Now, gift-giving season is here...sooo, Knit in Good Health, people!
I can't believe I nearly forgot to show you the birthday monsters!


No comments:

Post a Comment