Saturday, June 1, 2019

Woolapalooza 2019!

Woolapalooza beckons the knitters,
Every May we prove we are more than couch "sitters!"

Rain or sun, cold or hot, we're not sure of the weather
But even bad weather is better together!

A strong start to the day, look at us go!
As we enter the Great Lakes Fiber Show!

Once inside, we head for the best destination
Destination Yarn has the best yarn in the nation!

Her specials this year scream, "Let's have some fun!"
"Let's go to the fair(grounds), and play in the sun!"

There are selfies to take, and yarn to buy, too -
Even an occasional peek-a-boo!
Hahaha! I see you, Diana!
But all of the shopping gets us plum tuckered out,
And afternoon rain threatens to wash us out!

So we pack ourselves up, after one last pass through...
Did we buy all the things? I did, how 'bout you???

To finish my day, before I went home with my lot,
"A little off the top," was my initial thought

That's more than a little, it looks like a mop!
Now I am cool for summer, in my bright orange top.

Fresh hair and fresh yarn, so it's time to realax...right?
Okay, I relaxed, but just for one night...

On Sunday, you see, the kids breezed into town!
So there's been very little "just sitting around."

More about that next week, I promise you, friends.
Because right here and now, playtime never ends!

My couch and my heart are full, readers! We were able to all get together for a photo shoot just the other day, so here's a quick teaser. The rest of the story will have to wait until my house is a little quieter and my heart is a little sad. They are only in town for a short time, and there are many incomplete "orders" for my knitting needles from the 4-year-old!

I hope your week has been half as much fun as mine! Whatever is going on in your life right now, I pray that you have at least a few moments to stop and drink in all of the good things you can find.

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment