Saturday, September 8, 2018

Knitting!

PrettyKnittyJewelry, a blog about knitting and my PrettyKnittyLife. Except, there really has not been a bunch of knitting lately! Life has taken over, for sure...but today there is knitting! You see, it is nearly Christmas! 

Wait. What? You say that Christmas is many months away? Hmmm, I see. You must not be a knitter... 

For me, Christmas knitting must be planned loosely in the summer months, and begun no later than the beginning of September. Really, this is the only way to avoid late-night knitting while waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve! If I am being truly honest, the only real way to avoid that scenario is to start in January, but even Pam-with-a-plan* has not gotten there yet!

Anyhoo... I have started my Christmas knitting, and this project is one I can share, because it is not a secret! Christmas stockings for Face, Dollface and Baby Face are on my needles, because when this knitter receives a gift card to one of her favorite places to buy the craft-and-toy yarns...

...she spends much too much time picking colors and deciding on just the right amount of yarn to get for the next project! After a couple minutes (or, you know, an hour-and-a-half, and many texted pictures to Dollface to make sure the colors were just right) I had three main colors and a contrasting gold that will go together and match the holiday decor in the Face household. 

The yarn is one of my favorites, Lion Brand Heartland. Soft and squishy (despite its acrylic-ness) Heartland has a depth of color in the rich, semi-solid skeins that I have not seen matched in any other acrylic yarn. So, as per usual, I bought twice as much as I thought I would need, and spent more than was loaded onto that gift card, but less than if I had not put back the $2.59 safety eyes that I had stuffed into my cart at the beginning of the shopping trip. Because, as you know, $2.59 saved is $2.59 earned...I think the saying goes something like that.

Last night, I finished the first stocking, and I am calling this a success! One down, and morning rain means that I have a solid start on stocking number two - Knit Pretty, knit!
Fun fact: I actually have 4x the yarn I will need. lol!
So, there you have it. A knitting blog with actual knitting. Promise kept. Go me! Now, back to life I go, knitting in tow. What do you have in store for your Satur-knitter-day?

Thanks for stopping by, and  Knit in Good Health!

*Oh, how I love a good plan! Even if I have to abandon the plan, there is something so very satisfying about putting it together in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment