Saturday, August 4, 2018

One Thing

1 double, 1 single. 1 double, 2 single. 1 double, three single...and on and on and on and on it goes. It overwhelms and satisfies my crochet soul... Wait, that is not how the song goes. However, when I knit or crochet something simple, there is something so very satisfying about it. Just keep counting, Pretty. Look! You finished another point!

Yes, I will have a grandson in a few short months. No, these are not "pee-pee teepees," although they could be...we did finally decide that at knitting last night. Right shape. Easy to wash-and-dry acrylic yarn. Well, perhaps there will be a couple extra made for just that purpose. And maybe not...we shall see. This is going to be a toy. Anyhoo...

Yarn is satisfying. And overwhelming, too...like a fingering weight something in many colors. I mean, the finished project is not always overwhelming, but looking back at the tails you have to weave in can be! Pile them all up at the end, and woah! Look what you just did! 

Now you have a sweater (or a shawl, or socks, or something else super-cozy) for the cold weather, and it is super cute, and it is made of all your favorite yarns, which you are now out of. We had better go shopping! Which is just what these two are doing this weekend, after their joyous Thursday reunion!

Full disclosure:
I told them to hug. I thought it would be super cute to have a picture of them each wrapping their own finished shawl around the other, at the same time, and it is!  I am so glad that Alice came by knit night before their Stitches Midwest trip, and that I got to snap a few photos of the Knit-a-Long shawls they worked on together, and from afar. The laughter that ensued, as they danced around the back yard of the church and posed with the finished projects, well that was just a bonus! Knitting friends that have to move away, but come back just a few weeks later to hop in a car and drive many miles to a yarnapalooza event that does not reside in either of their home states...these are the best kinds of friends!  

Now, back to the song from the beginning. One Thing Remains is about the overwhelming, never ending, satisfying nature of God's love...the only love that truly never fails. Crochet and knitting, and the company of great friends, soothe my soul and lift my spirits, but God's love restores me. I am so grateful that, out of that love, he has blessed my life with an abundance of good friends and so many things that I love. On and on and on and on it goes. It overwhelms and satisfies my soul. And I'll never ever have to be afraid. This one thing remains...

God's love can be seen in his provision for our entire being, physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual. It can be seen in nature and in created things. God's love can best be seen in those human friendships that seem to transcend time, space and all the yuck of life. Thank you God, for this one thing, your love, and for providing it to me so abundantly. This one thing fills my life with joy, even when my circumstances are lacking in the joy department. Praise God! (Yarn crafts help too...)

Well, thanks for stopping by. I hope you know the One whose love never fails, and that you find that love all around you! Now, it's time to Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment