Saturday, June 18, 2011

Flowers, Fabrics and Favorites

The phone rang last weekend, but I was on a walk. Even though I have a cell-phone, a really incredible cell phone even, I decided not to answer. Maybe it's the old-fashioned in me. . .Maybe I was enjoying Sweetie's company so much that I couldn't bear to interrupt. . .Maybe I did not want the caller to know how out of breath I was after that last hill. . .whatever the case, I did not answer when it rang.

Eventually, though, I did listen to the voicemail, and I did my best to give the Mother-of-the-Groom a call back (at a time when both our schedules allowed some relaxed and fun conversation), and I was glad that I did. I guess with Peanut visiting, and jury duty looming, I had not realized how fast the time was hurtling forward to Snake and Dollface's BIG DAY!!!

"How is the planning for the shower coming?," she wanted to know. . .which is a fair question, especially when that event is less than a month away! So, we talked, and I assured her that I have everything under control (as though I was a teenager, pacifying my parents about final exams. . ."Don't worry moms and pops, I got it under control!")

Truth is, it was still on my back burner. The flames were not out, but I had not yet felt the urgency to actually plunge headfirst into the planning. I am so glad that Snake's mom called me and re-lit that fire! Now, I think I've got it under control. . .or at least more under control than last week!

That picture up there, that's gonna become centerpieces for the shower, and I think I have a handle on the favors, too. And the fabric down here:
Well, those have to do with the wedding. . .still a bit of a surprise, but I promise to show you when it's a finished project!

And down here, my Favorite of all. . .is this little work in progress. . .!

Well, that's just a Gramma being a Gramma. Thanks for indulging me!

I don't know how much knitting will be done over these next couple of months, but I promise to share all of the creativity that goes into this wedding, yarn-related or not! If you're looking for the wool. . .I apologize, and I hope that you can hang in there for a little while. . .it will be back. After all, don't babies come after weddings? And we are having a wedding this summer!!!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see what you are doing with the fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable baby! good luck with the shower. I'm taking notes for when I need to do all this.

    ReplyDelete