Saturday, August 19, 2023

Potpourri...

Because sometimes a week is full of random, here's a little bit of everything... 

...like rain and puddles...


and boys and Pop Pops!



A desire to knit loopy beads, 


then more loops...


and even more loops (143 at my last count)


Could I make another lizard, but smaller? Yes, but they don't make as nice a lizard as the original, crocheted beads (made before the Kansas trip)... They do still look pretty cute in a bowl on the coffee table though,


or on the kitchen counter. (Caution: Not breakfast cereal. Do not eat!)


Finally a few walks around our favorite parks and properties have shown us that the butterfly game is strong this summer!


And the bees are doing ok, too. 😜


Even a very recent funeral at the church reminds me this week that everything comes full circle, and this lady was well loved in her 94 years on this earth. (If you're the praying kind, please keep her hubby of 74 of those years in your prayers. His heart is achy, as is to be expected.)


Yes, it's been a good week, and fall is on it's way. For those of you who might wonder, I have put out some pumpkins, but that's it so far. 


I don't mean to rush it...but kids are in school around here, the days are shorter, and the aroma of autumn is all around. Life is short. I will surround myself with things I love. (Yes, mostly yarn.)


Some of my lovelies are splashy young men, coming to visit for dinner very soon, and others are breakable. I'd better stop here and give the house a run-through to move some things out of reach!

Thanks for stopping by, friends! Surround yourself with what YOU love, in this season and in those to come, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment