Friday, December 31, 2021

Another Covid Christmas?

Another Covid Christmas? Yep, that's right. We thought Covid would be over in 2021, but this virus will not give up. I know may that have been touched, both directly and indirectly, and 2021 has been a year of ups and downs. December has been a month of ups and downs. The cookie tree was an up, and it ranked high on the list of ups...even with the lights turned off! 

Wow, that was fun! 

But not many people got to see it after the knitters' party...the numbers kept going up this month.

The candy and cookie production was super fun, and Sweetie found the cutest containers for that Christmas candy!

But Covid took away some of the events for distribution, and about half of that is still on my countertop...just waiting for a safe opportunity to deliver it. 

The knitting was super fun, culminating with a rainbow elf for the 3-year-old!


But some of our joy was stolen when our son-in-law's brother passed away very unexpectedly on December 23rd.

To be sure, there has been much joy this December.

There has also been much grief. The past 12 months have taken a lot from us, including significant losses of loved ones and the comfort holiday traditions that just never materialized this year. 

So, while I'd like to end this year on a high note, I recognize that my high note may not be in the right here and now. Instead, my high note comes from the certainty that God is still good...even though we live in a broken world. With that knowledge in my grasp, I can continue on to 2022. 

How has your 2021 ended? I hope you are finishing up a great month, and that you and your family are enjoying health and happiness. But if 2021 has dealt you a bad hand, I hope that you will draw better cards for 2022. In either case, I pray that you will know the peace and joy of being loved, both now and forever. Love is the greatest gift of all. 

Thanks for stopping by this New Year's Eve! May you stay safe, finding joy, peace and love in 2022! Oh!, and Knit in Good Health!


No comments:

Post a Comment