Saturday, July 24, 2021

It Matters, You Matter

If I live 80 years, I am certainly over the crest of my hill and gaining momentum. As I watch my grandkids grow, I realize that I have not always done my best to live each day well. So I am strapping in, here and now, to do better at enjoying the downhill portion of this ride! I'm getting my hair cut when I want to, and my new glasses are a fun purple! 

I'm going to take more photos. Even if I never print them, it makes me really happy to go through the albums on my phone! 

Flowers and bees make me happy and photos of friends and family lift my spirits!

I'm going to print more of those photos of family, too. The grands grow so fast, and I need to replace the photos in my frames on a more regular basis!


I'm going to knit what I want, even if it's something for me...because finishing a new summer top makes me feel confident, like a supermodel!

And I'm going to stop making this face at the photographer (me!) when she takes 75 photos to get 3 good ones! In general, I am going to be nicer to me.

I'm gonna put my phone away from time to time too, and just live the  moments as they come, so I can love the people in my life better! 

I'm going to eat better, and do my best to stay healthy. (Pretend there's a picture of a salad here. I totally had a salad for dinner yesterday, I promise.) Bottom line, I'm going to make the best of every moment I have left. I'm going to live like it matters, because it does. 

It matters to me. I'm not finished yet. 

It matters to my family. I'm not finished loving them yet. 

And it matters to Jesus, because he's not finished with me yet!

I just want to take a minute to remind you that you matter, too. It is easy to feel insignificant and unnoticed in this big world, but I hope that you will live like it matters, because it does. 

It matters to you, because I know there is a purpose for you.

It matters to your friends and family, because they are not finished loving you yet.

And it matters to Jesus. I am convinced that he is on the edge of his seat, eager to see where this life will take you next. He is not finished with you yet!

So, that's my post for now. It's very much a John 3:16 message, but maybe one of you is feeling like you don't really matter. I'm here to remind that you matter very much. God loves you so much that he sacrificed his Son so that you might find life with Him. Seems counter-intuitive, but it's a perfect plan. Let me know if you want to talk about it more. 

If not, that's ok too. You still matter to me. You matter very much, and you are loved. Do you believe it? What will you do today, to help your life line up with that truth? 

Whatever it is, remember that life is short. Eat dessert first! Do things that make you happy! Do things that you are not obligated for, and do things to make others happy too. Sprinkle that happiness everywhere, because there's nothing better to sooth the soul!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!
If the back of a weed matters enough to be this beautiful, 
think how much more YOU matter to the Creator of it all!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing!!

    ~~Renee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed reading. I hope that your day is a good one!
      Pretty

      PS - I originally replied to your comment from another profile accidentally...so I deleted it...oops!

      Delete